TGS welcomes a new member in the UKDoing business Europe New members
Hillier Hopkins is a leading UK firm of independent Chartered Accountants based in London and the South East of England. They provide accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to individuals and businesses in the UK and overseas.
Established in 1933, Hillier Hopkins is a leading independent Chartered Accountant firm with approximately 200 staff and offices in London, Watford and Milton Keynes. They provide accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to individuals and businesses ranging from ambitious entrepreneurs to large international corporations.
Hillier Hopkins advises many overseas companies expanding into the UK, as well as UK companies expanding overseas.
Hillier Hopkins are long-term trusted advisers to their clients, offering expert advice with a pragmatic approach to the commercial challenges they face – giving a supportive but honest view. Their team are knowledgeable, friendly and cooperative. Their combined expertise provides clients with a wealth of technical know-how for their business and family finances.
The firm’s philosophy of friendly expertise is built on a commitment to its core values:
- Positive collaboration with client teams and colleagues;
- Taking ownership to find solutions;
- Continual learning and improvement;
- Making time for colleagues and clients.
- Business advice and services – business incorporation and company secretarial; bookkeeping; management reporting and treasury support; VAT returns; payroll; UK statutory accounts; UK corporation tax compliance; HR support and employee benefits.
- External Audit Services – UK Auditor; auditor of UK subsidiary companies with group reporting to parent auditors in USA, Canada, Japan, France, Germany, Switzerland and Sweden. Our clients are from a wide range of business sectors including TMT, manufacturing, distribution, hotel, leisure and retail, financial services and education. We also audit several mid-tier UK accounting firms.
- Corporate tax – Expert in cross border tax matters including transfer pricing and all UK tax reliefs and incentives such as Capital allowances; Research & Development tax credits; Patent Box; Enterprise Investment Scheme; Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme; Enterprise Management Incentive; electric cars; Business Asset Roll Over Relief; Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings.
- VAT and Indirect taxes – Including Making Tax Digital; international trading advice; Land and property VAT; negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs; partial exemption; planning and technical support to in-house tax managers; structuring transactions to minimise VAT; VAT group reorganisations; VAT health checks; VAT training in UK and other EU VAT regimes; Customs and Excise Duties; Air Passenger Duty; Stamp Duty Land Tax.
- Expertise for individuals – Estate planning, wealth management and cross-border tax advice and compliance for expatriates and internationally mobile individuals.
This is a truly exciting development for our firm, our clients and our staff. At a time when we are all so isolated by social distancing, it is wonderful to be able to collaborate internationally with like-minded friends, offering our clients access through TGS-Global to the highest quality global advice.
Jonathan Franks, head of international development at Hillier Hopkins
Find out how you could become a TGS member
7 Takeaways from the TGS team at the African Congress Of Accountants (ACOA 2023)
A Global Vision for Africa: An Interview with Fabrizio Aldrighetti